Do you have boxes of old photographs in storage? Home movies on VHS? Mixed tapes on cassette or favorite records? Have you ever wanted to convert them to an easily stored and sharable digital format? Preserve your priceless memories and mementos with a variety of equipment available for self-directed use (don’t worry, we’ll help) at the Digitization Station in Special Collections on the 4th floor of the Main Library.
Appointments can be booked in 2-hour blocks. Make an appointment and let us help preserve your history! The videos below will give you a brief introduction to our equipment. For more information, please call 904-255-6195.
Note: External storage is necessary to save the files after scanning. A flash drive, or memory card if using the ImageBox, of at least 8 GB is recommended. Files can also be saved to Cloud storage such as Google Photos.
- ION Tape 2 PC Cassette Conversion System
- ION Max LP Black Conversion Turntable with Stereo Speakers
- JVC HR-S3902U VHS Video Recorder/Combo
- EPSON perfection v600 photo scanner model J252A
- Pacific Image ImageBox MF 4-in-1 Slide, Film & Photo Converter (requires an SD card for use)
- Carson LL-10 10x LumiLoupe Craft Loupe
- KIC Bookeye 5 V2 Overhead Book Scanner*
*This Special Collections Preservation project was funded under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act from the Institute of Museum and Library Services. Florida’s LSTA program is administered by the Department of State’s Division of Library and Information Services.
- EZ Tape Vinyl/Tape Converter software
- Elgato Video Capture Software
- Adobe Photoshop
Copyright protection is provided by the laws of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code) to the authors of “original works of authorship,” including literary, dramatic, musical, artistic (photographs, drawings, paintings, etc.), and certain other intellectual works. This protection applies to both published and unpublished works. It is illegal for anyone to violate the rights provided by copyright laws to the owner of a copyrighted work.