#Make Learning Fun with the Library!
Library Academy is a collection of library programs, events and newsletters that keep kids and teens learning and entertained all year long. Share exciting stories paired with themed crafts, games and other hands-on activities – all while learning and building key literacy skills!
Join us at the Library or bring the fun HOME with monthly email newsletters! You'll get engaging videos and sing-alongs for preschoolers, monthly book recommendations, screen-free activities, games, craft ideas and more!
#Never Miss An Event
You'll also get event reminders and announcements. Be the first to register for Junior Lit Chat book giveaways and author talks, Junior Scientists, Junior Artists, and more!
For more information about each newsletter, scroll below.
Choose one or more Library Academy newsletters to receive in your email!
#Little Readers (Ages 0 – 5)
When you sign up for the Little Readers Library Academy newsletter you will receive a monthly email with activities and program reminders related to:
- Little Readers: You want your child to have all the tools they need to start school. Here’s the toolbox! Let’s start with a story that your child will love, and add music, get everyone up and moving and sprinkle in other fun to make it all stick. We’re saving a spot for you!
- Pop-Up Storytime: Your child loves singing, dancing, playing and reading! Gather them around for a special storytime they won’t forget! We’ll read rhythmic stories together and add songs and movements to make it a wonderful time for all.
- Sensory Friendly Storytime: Your child enjoys stories, music, and movement in a small, welcoming environment. That’s why our program, designed for children ages 2-5 with sensory sensitivities, combines traditional storytime components with supportive elements. We’ve also limited attendance to enhance the experience.
- Traveling Tales: A unique and convenient collection of book bundles with themed activity kits designed for preschoolers (ages 2-5). It's storytime in a bag (that you can take home)!
#Junior Scholars (Ages 5 - 12)
When you sign up for the Junior Scholars Library Academy newsletter you will receive a monthly email with activities related to the following programs:
- Junior Lit Chat (ages 5-12): If your child is an avid reader, they're going to love this kid-friendly version of our popular Lit Chat (author talk) series. They'll get a chance to meet popular children's book authors in person at their local library!
- STEAM & Stories (ages 5-12): Who said learning can't be fun? Join us for a new program that pairs an exciting book with a hands-on Science, Technology, Engineering, Art or Math activity.
- Junior Scientists (ages 5-8): Is your child into Science, Technology, Engineering and Math? This is their time to shine! Every week, we read or talk through a STEM book and do a STEM-based activity together.
- Junior Artists (ages 5-8): Does your child learn best with paint, paper, popsicle sticks and glue? Add in a book and some games and you’ve got the perfect program for your little artist.
- Junior Labs (ages 9-12): Each eight to nine-week lab will feature a high-interest topic from the world of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, or Math. Previous topics include Forensics, Robotics, Animation and more!
#Teen Think Tank (Ages 12 – 17)
Are you a teen looking for activities to do at home? Sign up for the Teen Think Tank Library Academy newsletter to receive monthly emails just for teens and young adults. Find popular book recommendations, online games and quizzes you can play with friends, fun podcasts and videos to check out, and other fun activities you can do wherever you are.
You'll also receive reminders about upcoming teen programs like Teen Lit Chat, Teen Advisory Board meetings, TAB Takeovers, volunteer opportunities, contests and other activities like Drop-In D&D or Anime & Manga Club that are happening at your library.