#2022 Summer Learning Begins!
Jacksonville Public Library is excited to host our annual Summer Learning program! Let’s keep reading and learning all summer long. From June 1 to July 30, you’ll be able to participate at in-branch programs, tons of interactive virtual events, complete fun activities, participate in challenges, go on scavenger hunts, and more! All your reading fun adds up, helping you earn prizes! All of the programs are free and open to everyone.
#Read Every Day
20 minutes a day paves the way! For every 15 days read, youth (ages birth to 17) will earn 1 free book. To help keep track of reading, pick up a bookmark at your local branch – you can even request one through curbside pickup!
#How to Participate:
- Read 20 minutes a day (or more!)
- Track your reading with the library’s reading tracker bookmark that you can pick up at your local library
- After 15 days, bring your tracker and library card into your local library to pick up your free book! (Many of these come thanks to Action News Jax anchorperson Tenikka Hughes’ Tenikka’s Books For Kids book drive!)
- Record your learning to enter into a prize drawing!
- Earn raffle tickets for library activities, including reading, attending programs, checking out books and more! Redeem raffle tickets for awesome prizes at the library!
#Boost Your Kids Summer Learning
Supplement Summer Learning with the Library by signing up for our Library Academy weekly newsletters made just for kids! Sign up now and stay up to date with all of our fun summer programs and exciting activities to complete. Keep young minds active all summer long, right from where you are!
- Sign up for Library Academy (for youth ages birth to 17)!
#Join us for these upcoming Summer Learning events online and around town:
The Jacksonville Public Library is a proud member of ReadJax. ReadJax is a community effort to improve third grade reading outcomes. We know the importance of reading and how it can set our children on the path to success.