#Partners for Your Academic Success
The Jacksonville Public Library and Florida State College at Jacksonville are aware of the critical role that technology plays in learning and, because many FSCJ classes are online or at least have an online component, access to a reliable computer with a webcam, microphone and high-speed internet is imperative to your academic success. This is your opportunity to stop sharing equipment with others inside your home, struggling with old or unreliable laptops, or driving across town to borrow equipment or use public access computers.
#Check Out A Laptop
Students who are currently enrolled at FSCJ can borrow a laptop for use throughout a full academic term. The laptop is available on a first-come, first-served basis at these convenient Jacksonville Public Library locations:
- Main Library
- Charles Webb Wesconnett Regional
- Bradham and Brooks Branch
- Bill Brinton Murray Hill Branch
- Highlands Regional
Please note: Only one laptop is issued per library account. Check out and return must be done at the same location. Laptops will be available for holds placement but may only be checked out at the laptop’s home location. Laptops are not transported through delivery from one library location to another.
To check availability or to place a hold on our catalog, log in with your library card number and PIN and search for "FSCJ Laptop."
You can also click here.
#What You'll Need
- You will need an active Jacksonville Public Library card. If you do not already have a library card, be sure to bring a valid form of ID and proof of residency. For more information, visit: Qualify for a Library Card.
- You will also need to present a physical or online class schedule as proof that you are a currently registered FSCJ student. Showing an FSCJ ID card is not enough. You must be registered for a minimum of one class in the current semester.
- A valid email account is required.
- You must be present to checkout the laptop.
- You will need to sign a borrowing acknowledgment responsibility form. You will be given a copy of the signed form.
- Prior to checkout, you will work with Library staff to confirm operability of the laptop and note any existing damage.
Due dates for return of the laptops will be the last day of the semester. Library staff will inspect the laptop for damage and confirm operability prior to check in. When checking for operability, staff will turn on the laptop, check for any error messages at boot-up, open a browser and search for FSCJ to verify internet connectivity, and plug in to verify that it is properly charging.
Students who do not return laptops will be charged the price of the device. In the event that you return the device late, you can expect to receive the following notices:
- Friendly reminder: 3 days before due
- Overdue Notice: 3 and 7 days following due date
- Lost Notice: 21 days following due date. Account will be charged full price of the laptop and charger.
- Collections Notice: 42 days following due date.
#A Few Reminders
Free WiFi is available at all 21 public library locations. FSCJ also maintains outdoor access points at each campus and center for students who need wireless internet access.
The Library also has a number of free online resources like Lynda.com (https://jaxpubliclibrary.org/lynda). Lynda.com helps anyone learn the software, technology, creative, and business skills they need to achieve their personal and professional goals. These high-quality, engaging video tutorials are taught by recognized industry experts. With tutorials in five languages, it is a global platform for success.
#Technical Assistance Questions
Please call the Library at 904-255-2665 (extension 3) for any technical questions related to these laptops. Our Contact Center folks will be happy to assist. You can also email email@example.com for additional assistance.
For questions about the FSCJ Student Equipment and Technology Program or to inquire about the availability of other laptops and equipment, call (904) 997-2562 or email DeerwoodLLC@fscj.edu. Please note: FSCJ staff cannot provide technical assistance with laptops checked out at the Library as these laptops were donated to the Library. All maintenance and handling will be performed by Library staff.