Battle of the Books is an exciting book-based competition that you'll play from home using Kahoot!, a game-based learning platform. Teens will compete on Kahoot! to answer questions relating to the content of six selected books. Those selected books are: Graceling, Solo, Artemis Fowl, Dread Nation, Divergent, and Spiderman: Miles Morales.
The Book Club and Kahoot! battles will take place on July 8th, 22nd, and August 5th. For each event, teens can participate in a Book Club discussion beforehand on Zoom. After the Book Club, teens will receive a link to Kahoot! which wil be live for completion until 11:59pm that date.
#Here's how it will work:
- You'll read six books books: Graceling, Solo, Artemis Fowl, Dread Nation, Divergent, and Spiderman: Miles Morales.
- Participants can download these copies digitally or request hardcopies through Curbside Pickup.
- The dates for the Book Clubs and Kahoot! challenges are as follows:
- On July 8th, 22nd, and August 5th, we will send you the login details for the Book Club and Kahoot! challenge.
- You will battle teens throughout Duval County for the highest score.
- After completion for the Kahoot!, one random prize winner of each event will receive a $15 Happy Teen gift card.
- Want to have more options to win prizes and badges? Each of these book titles are also featured in a weekly activity that earn tickets to enter raffle drawings. Join our Summer Learning program and start tracking your progress.