As stated in the Jacksonville Public Library Programming Policy selection decisions on program topics, presenters, and resources will be based in part or entirely on the following:
- Safety and security of customers and staff
- Community needs and interests
- Ability to supplement and extend information found in Library’s collections, resources, and exhibits
- Ability to promote the Library and encourage use of its resources
- Presentation quality
- Presenter background and qualifications in content area
- Historical, cultural, or educational significance
- Age appropriateness of content
- Availability of program space
- Availability of necessary budget resources
Jacksonville Public Library accepts program suggestions from the community and from outside presenters. To submit a suggestion, please follow the process below:
- Carefully review the Jacksonville Public Library Programming Policy to ensure your program is a good fit for the Library.
- Complete the Program Suggestion Form
- A staff member will follow up with you within one week of receiving your suggestion.