#You've got a science fair project to do, but now what? How do you get started?
#Don't worry, the Library has your back!
We have a great website for you called "Science in Context." By following these steps, you'll get everything you need including an outline of how to do an experiment, a list of the materials you'll need, related resources for the research section of your project and a citation in the format you need for the experiment!
- Go to the Science in Context database by clicking or typing this link into your internet browser's address bar: www.jaxpubliclibrary.org/science-context
- Enter your Library Card number (if you're a Duval County Public Schools student, this is your S number).
- Look for the search box on the right hand side of the page, click in it and type Science Fair Projects and Experiments and click the magnifying glass to search.
- Scroll down the page and in the grey ON THIS PAGE section, click the link that says Experiments
- Now you have a big list of experiments for all grade levels. To get the ones for your grade level, look over to the right where it says FILTER YOUR RESULTS and click on the button that says Content Level.
- Click the box next to the Level that matches your grade and click the Apply button. See the CONTENT LEVELS chart on the right for help.
- Now you have a list of projects that you can do with everything you need to complete them and write them up!
If you get lost or have any questions about how to find or use this database you can visit your local library or call us at (904) 255-BOOK (2665).
Feel free to tag us if you post your experiment on social media! Good luck and have fun!!