Effective: June 14, 2012
Last Reviewed: November 18, 2021
- Ensure that Library customers consistently receive a high level of service.
- Select, acquire, and organize sources of information and materials to meet the needs of Library customers.
- Be knowledgeable about Library resources, policies and procedures and be able to explain the resources, policies and procedures to customers.
- Identify and promote the services that meet the needs of customers and potential customers in the community.
- Refrain from value judgments or opinions regarding the importance of a request or question.
- Value the diverse community we serve by providing customer assistance without discrimination. We define diversity to include, but not be limited to, persons of varying educational levels, literacy levels, abilities, gender, religion, race, age, national origin, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, income level, and occupation.
- Maintain the confidentiality of our customers’ transactions and records.
- Cooperate with community agencies and organizations in an effort to serve the community.
- Authorization to Define Procedures
The purpose of this policy is to establish the customer service philosophy and standards of the Jacksonville Public Library (Library). Library staff members serve as the link between customers and the Library’s resources and services. The Library’s goal is to provide excellent library service which includes helpful and knowledgeable staff, access to relevant informational resources, and quality facilities. In the fulfillment of this philosophy, the following objectives have been adopted:
The Board of Library Trustees authorizes the Library Director to establish procedures to administer this policy, and to delegate any and all responsibilities herein to other staff through such procedures.