#ALL APPOINTMENTS FULL.
#VISIT www.aarpfoundation.org/taxaide FOR ALTERNATIVES
The Jacksonville Public Library is proud to partner with the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) TaxAide during the tax season each year to provide FREE tax preparation.
Taxes will be prepared BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Visit aarpfoundation.org/taxaide and submit your ZIP code for the nearest location to schedule an appointment.
AARP Tax-Aide sites are serviced by IRS-certified volunteers that provide free tax counseling and preparation services to millions of low-and middle-income taxpayers, with special attention to those age 50 and older. There is no income or age limit for assistance at AARP Tax-Aide sites. However, AARP sites cannot assist rental property owners or small business owners.
#Get Ready Now.
To be sure you have everything you need when it's time for your scheduled appointment, prepare the following (from irs.gov/getready):
#All Taxpayers must bring the following to a tax site:
- Photo ID for self (and spouse, if filing jointly)
- Social Security Card(s) or Individual Taxpayer Identification for ALL individuals to be listed on the tax return as dependents
- Wage and earnings statement(s): W-2(s), W-2G(s), 1099-R(s), from all employers (Year-end pay stubs are not accepted.)
- Any other documents relating to income, expenses and banking
- Bank documents showing routing and account numbers if using Direct Deposit (preferably a check)
- Property tax and mortgage interest documentation
- For itemized returns: documentation for out-of-pocket expenses for medical bills, supplemental insurance premiums, charitable contributions, etc.
- Child care documentation listing provider name, address, tax ID number and amount paid
- Alimony and child support documentation
NOTE: If filing a joint return, both spouses must be present in order to file and sign the required forms.