Jacksonville Public Library (JPL) staff members serve as the link between customers and the library’s resources and services. JPL’s goal is to provide excellent library service which includes helpful and knowledgeable staff, access to relevant informational resources, and quality facilities. In the fulfillment of this goal the following objectives have been adopted:
- Ensure that library users consistently receive a high level of service.
- Select, acquire and organize sources of information and materials to meet the needs of library customers.
- Be knowledgeable about library resources, policies and procedures and be able to explain the resources, policies and procedures to customers.
- Identify and promote the services that meet the needs of customers and potential users in the community.
- Refrain from value judgments or opinions regarding the importance of a request or question.
- Provide customer assistance without discrimination.
- Maintain the confidentiality of our customers’ transactions and records.
- Cooperate with community agencies and organizations in an effort to serve the community.
- Adhere to the principles of the American Library Association’s Code of Ethics.
Approved by the Jacksonville Public Library Board of Trustees: June 14, 2012