Effective: October 1, 2023
Last Reviewed: October 10, 2017
- Materials Replacement Fees
- Borrowers who fail to return borrowed or otherwise used materials or who return them damaged or in a condition unsuitable for future use will be charged a replacement fee.
- A standard replacement fee for each type of material included in the Library’s Physical Collection is listed below.
- Collection Agency Fee
- Non-Resident Fees
- Computer & Printing Fees
- Interlibrary Loan Fees
- Associated Library Policies
The Library Fee Schedules included in this policy are established by the Board of Library Trustees of the Jacksonville Public Library and are authorized through policy 3.1.5 Library Fees.
|Type of Material (per item replaced)||Average Replacement Price|
|Adult Book Nonfiction (hardcover)||$31.00|
|Adult Book Fiction (hardcover)||$29.00|
|Teen Book Nonfiction (hardcover)||$22.00|
|Teen Book Fiction (hardcover)||$20.00|
|Children’s Book Nonfiction (hardcover)||$24.00|
|Children’s Book Fiction (hardcover)||$17.00|
|Magazine, Pamphlet or Zine||$6.00|
|Compact Disc (music)||$20.00|
|Compact Disc (spoken)||$48.00|
|Traveling Tales Children’s Book||Same as Children’s Book Fiction (hardcover) (above)|
|Traveling Tales DVD||Same as DVD (above)|
|Traveling Tales Compact Disc (music)||Same as Compact Disc (music) (above)|
|Traveling Tales flannel board felt||$7.00|
|Traveling Tales flannel board pieces||$9.00|
|Traveling Tales manipulative||$45.00|
|Traveling Tales program manual||$18.00|
|Traveling Tales tote bag||$18.00|
|Laptop case (Chromebook)||$30.00|
|Laptop case (FSCJ)||$32.00|
|Laptop power cord (Chromebook & FSCJ)||$50.00|
|Wi-Fi Hotspot (including FSCJ hotspots)||$60.00|
A fee of $10.00 will be added to each account sent to the collection agency for recovery.
|Collection Agency fee (per account)||$10.00|
A fee of $175.00 will be charged annually for each Non-Resident Subscriber account.
|Non-Resident Subscriber Fee (per year)||$175.00|
|Guest pass (per day)||$2.00|
|Black & white print or copy (per page)||$.15|
|Color print or copy (per page)||$.50|
|Scan (per job)||$.05|
The Library assesses fees on the customer’s account based on the copying, late, lost or damage fees assessed by the owning library.
|Interlibrary Loan Fees||varies—determined by owning library|
The Board of Library Trustees authorizes the Library Director to establish procedures to administer this policy, and to delegate any and all responsibilities herein to other staff through such procedures, including the assessment, waiving and/or refunding of library fees.
- Policy 3.1.1 Customer Accounts and Privileges
- Policy 3.1.2 Confidentiality of Registration and Circulation Records
- Policy 3.1.3 Borrowing Library Materials
- Policy 3.1.4 Borrowing Limit Schedules
- Policy 3.1.5 Library Fees
- City of Jacksonville Ordinance Code, Section 111.830
- City of Jacksonville Ordinance Code, Section 662.104
- City of Jacksonville Ordinance Code, Section 662.105
- City of Jacksonville Ordinance Code, Section 662.106
- Municipal Code Sec. 90.102. - Authority of Board
- Municipal Code Chapter 662 - LIBRARY SYSTEM AND SERVICES