#Bring the library home!
Sign up for our monthly Library Academy newsletters to get simple activities that you can use wherever you are. They each start with a great book and include tons of enriching activities, make-at-home crafts, games, and more. Monthly themes also coincide with programs going on at the Library.
For more information about each newsletter, scroll below.
Library Academy Newsletter Sign Up
#Little Readers (Ages 0 – 5)
When you sign up for the Little Readers Library Academy newsletter you will receive a monthly email with activities and program reminders related to:
- Little Readers: You want your child to have all the tools they need to start school. Here’s the toolbox! Let’s start with a story that your child will love, and add music, get everyone up and moving and sprinkle in other fun to make it all stick. We’re saving a spot for you!
- Pop-Up Storytime: Your child loves singing, dancing, playing and reading! Gather them around for a special storytime they won’t forget! We’ll read rhythmic stories together and add songs and movements to make it a wonderful time for all.
- Sensory Friendly Storytime: Your child enjoys stories, music, and movement in a small, welcoming environment. That’s why our program, designed for children ages 2-5 with sensory sensitivities, combines traditional storytime components with supportive elements. We’ve also limited attendance to enhance the experience.
- Traveling Tales: A unique and convenient collection of book bundles with themed activity kits designed for preschoolers (ages 2-5). It's a storytime in a bag that you can take home!
#Junior Scholars (Ages 5 - 12)
When you sign up for the Junior Scholars Library Academy newsletter you will receive a monthly email with activities related to the following programs:
- Junior Lit Chat (ages 5-12): If your child is an avid reader, they're going to love this kid-friendly version of our popular Lit Chat (author talk) series. They'll get a chance to meet popular children's book authors in person at their local library!
- STEAM & Stories (ages 5-12): Get ready to make! STEAM & Stories (ages 5-12) is a live program inspired by a book! Each week we read an exciting book and then participate in a hands-on activity.
- Junior Scientists (ages 5-8): If your child is into science, technology, engineering and math (or would they like to be), this is the time for them to shine. Read or talk through a STEM book with us and then we’ll do a STEM-based activity together.
- Junior Scientists (ages 9-12): If your child grader is into science, technology, engineering and math (or would they like to be), this is the time for them to shine. Read or talk through a STEM book with us and then we’ll do a STEM-based activity together.
- Junior Artists (ages 5-8): Does your child learn best with paint, paper, popsicle sticks and glue? Add in a book and some games and you’ve got the perfect program for your little artist.
- Junior Artists (ages 9-12): Does your child learn best with paint, paper, popsicle sticks and glue? Add in a book and some games and you’ve got the perfect program for your little artist.
#Teen Think Tank (Ages 12 – 17)
Are you a teen looking for activities to do at home? Sign up for the Teen Think Tank Library Academy newsletter to receive monthly emails just for teens. Find popular book recommendations, online games and quizzes you can play with friends, fun podcasts and videos to check out, and other fun activities you can do wherever you are.
You'll also receive reminders about upcoming teen programs like Teen Lit Chat, Teen Advisory Board meetings, volunteer opportunities, contests and other activities like Drop-In D&D or Anime & Manga Club that are happening at your library.